Lee on the Solent Golf Club Requires Experienced PGA Professional
PGA CLUB PROFESSIONAL
Lee-On-The-Solent Golf Club,
This Parkland / Heathland style of course is over 100 years old but has managed to resist the standard of extending its length in answer to modern technology improvements in equipment.
Set inland from the coast, this attractive and seemingly innocuous park and heathland course has tested golfing skills for over 110 years. Now in superb condition, small greens follow oak and pine lined fairways with three chasms to drive. A set of 5 testing par 3s include the well-known beautiful 13th, across river and marsh to a severely sloping green.
Lee on the Solent Golf Club requires an experienced PGA Professional to take on an exciting opportunity to run a golf retail unit, driving range and to provide golfing services to the club.
Applicants must have previous experience in providing high quality golf services and of working in, or managing a retail environment, preferably within the golf industry. The successful candidate must be a self-motivated high achiever with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. Effective communication and presentation skills are essential as the role requires working closely across all departments of the golf club, including external visitors and societies. With an overall focus on excellent customer service, the candidate should be a logical thinker capable of paying attention to detail. IT literacy and good numeracy skills are essential.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Developing and delivering the Club’s golf operations
- Taking personal responsibility for excellence in customer service
- Establishing and operating a well-stocked, attractive shop to meet the needs of members and visitors
- Developing excellent coaching and tuition programmes
- Proactively working in the attraction of visitors and the recruitment of new club members
- Working closely with General Manager on strategies covering all aspects of golf operations Inc. sales and marketing and income generation
- Organising and administering golf competitions (club, corporate, society)
- Managing course usage and the practice facilities
If you would like to be considered for this exciting and rare opportunity please send a covering letter and CV demonstrating your suitability and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 02392 551170 Closing date : Monday 23rd July
Lee on the Solent Golf Club Brune Lane, Lee-on-the-Solent,Hampshire,PO13 9PB Tel 02392 551170 – web www.leegolf.co.uk